Monday, August 25, 2008

90210 Redux!!!


Add this to the "Things I'm Not Embarrassed to Admit I'm Excited About File" --

90201, that hit1990's show that cleared the way for The O.C. and all of it's imitators returns this season with a whole new cast of updated, modern-day high schoolers, born in the same year 90210 first aired. And even though the characters are familiar with the rebel, the teen princess, the dork, and, of course, the brother-sister combo who’ve just moved to Beverly Hill, the difference is this show promises to be gritter-- Less Peach Pit After Dark fun, more Dark Night of the Soul-- with promised appearances of original cast members Jennie Garth, Shannen Doherty, and more!

Now, I admit, I didn't really get into this show until I was living in Mykonos, Greece and pretty much starving for any American TV I could get. So when old reruns of 90210 were aired, I was hooked! And I credit the show's being subtitled for teaching me how to read Greek! Nothing like simultaneously watching and reading the Brenda, Dylan, Kelly love triangle unfold. . .

Oh, and I couldn't resist posting this e-mail I just now received:

Hey We have hijacked your baby but you must pay once to us $50 000. The details we will send later...

We has attached photo of your fume

Um, first of all, I don't have a baby. Not to mention I have no idea what a fume is . . .Do they seriously think this will work???

Anyway, have a good day everyone!

6 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

I can't wait to watch the new 90210 on Monday night!! :) What a sec - they were born when 90210 first aired?

What a crazy email.

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Keri- I know, that little tidbit about their b-days made me feel OLD!
And yeah, how about those spammers!

Carrie Harris said...

At least they didn't threaten to hijack 90210. Because they'd have a bunch of us to deal with!

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Carrie- LOL! So true!

Anonymous said...

Okay, it's scary that anyone born the year 90210 came out would now be in high school. I now feel so old. Still, it's a great concept. It worked the first time around; why not try it again?

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Caryn- Yeah, I'm curious to see how it measures up!