Friday, June 25, 2010

The Dallas DARK FLAME Signing!

So what can I say about Dallas, except that despite the lack of tornados, despite the availability of electricity, (see the somewhat supernatural Chicago signing below!), Dallas proved itself to be an absolute blast!

I started the day doing an interview with the lovely Gwen & Becky from Fresh Fiction (will link to it as soon as it's up!)--interview took 10 minutes, discussing our favorite TV shows after the interview took about 45! Then I did another quick spot with the awesome Rance Adams from KTVT's "Buzzed into the DFW" (again, will link when it's ready), and then it was onto the signing where I got to experience an absolute first:

I got to sign a shoe!

And, not just any shoe,

Oh no, this was a brand spanking new orange Chuck Taylor!


Before the signing:


In the midst of signing:




Post signing:



Owner of awesome signed shoes et moi:




I had such a great time meeting all of you and want to give a big thanks for taking the time to come out!

Oh, and a special shout out to the girl who came all the way from Rhode Island as well as the one who drove all the way from Oklahoma, and the one who gave me the necklace she made!! I swear, I feel like the luckiest author in the world to have such wonderful, generous readers like you!

Tonight, I'm in Miami, signing at 8:00 PM at:


Books & Books
265 Aragon Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134-5046

And I really hope to see YOU there!

Alyson
xoxo


5 comments:

JaevenStar said...

That's awesome!!!

heidi said...

Yay for orange Chuck signing!
I had no idea you were from Laguna Beach. My dad and my sister both lived there at different times. I love that town!

Cheers,
Heidi

Jenna said...

COOL!!! :)

Lori said...

A Chuck Taylor just isn't cool until it's been signed by you!

Alyson Noel said...

Heidi- Isn't it great?!

Jenna- :)

Lori- LOL!