Saturday, July 25, 2009

Comic Con in Pictures!!!

Comic Con was Crazy.

And fun.

It was crazy fun.

Crazy because as a first timer I had no idea how long the lines would be. Did not know one had to be in line by 8 AM to see the cast of Psych at 3:45PM and then Dexter an hour later.

So, needless to say, I did not see them.

Though I did get to meet Cindy Pon who's debut novel, SILVER PHOENIX, is seriously amazing. And I mean, seriously, if you haven't read it yet, go get it! (Isn't her costume awesome?! Trust me, she's as kick-ass as her heroine!)



And I did get my picture taken with the TRANSFORMERS car and, er, something that might be from Star Wars (?)



Saw a pirate or two, though sadly, not Johnny Depp who made a surprise appearance!!!




Had a photo op with, um, this guy! (Sorry, I guess I'm more into paranormal than sci-fi!)




And yup, I actually worked a little too, (if you can call it that!), taking part in a really great panel, signing books afterwards, and meeting teacher and go-getter extraordinaire Beth Duncan who took these two photos!




Oh, and this last one is of me totally geeking out in the Barnes & Noble in Palm Desert-posing with my IMMORTALS display in the teens section!

And speaking of THE IMMORTALS . . . BLUE MOON just got a really nice review in TeenReads stating:

"Alyson Noël has many talents to share as a writer, and she proves it again and again with her amazing Immortals series. She writes with an intensity and a passion, her words weaving perfectly together to create an overwhelming experience for the senses and the heart. The excitement factor is nonstop . . . offering romance and heart-thumping chills.

Noël sets up the third book, scheduled for release in February 2010, with plenty of cliffhanging excitement."- - Reviewed by Chris Shanley-Dillman, author of FINDING MY LIGHT, THE BLACK POND and GHOSTS OF THE UPPER PENINSULA

To read the full review click HERE.


And Nightowl Romance gave it 4.5 Stars, saying:

"This series is so well done. The YA paranormal genre has a flawless diamond among the gems with Blue Moon. Ever does something that I wish more characters would do. She questions the man who has searched the world for her about his past and hers. Even when he doesn’t answer, Ever doesn’t stop wondering or questioning. Her new life is full of power, possibilities and love but it doesn’t stop her from wishing she could go back and keep her family from dying. When her friends and even Damon turn on her, the hurt she feels is palpable. My chest literally hurt as she went through that. Ever is immortal but she is still a teenager and teenagers make mistakes, but she deals with it and moves on from there. I was moved to tears by a couple of scenes, especially near the end. Ms. Noel doesn’t back away from emotion, instead she has the ability to reach into your chest and twist your heart."

To read in full, click HERE.

And, that's it from me--have a great day everyone!

Alyson
xoxo

19 comments:

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

All the photos I've seen of Comic-Con make it sound so much fun. Hopefully someday I can go! I met Cindy Pon at ALA and she was super nice-love her outfit.

And I had a fun moment today. I had to work today, so I was walking by my teen area and I saw a mom reading Blue Moon. I stopped to talk to her about it and she said she had just started but she really enjoyed it. It was so cool to see someone that's not a teen reading YA that's not Twilight! And of course I told her that you were the coolest author :)

Natalie Whipple said...

The gray suit of armor you're posing with is Alphonse from an anime/manga series called Fullmetal Alchemist. Actually steampunk, not sci-fi. Also, super awesome.

Looks like so much fun! Wish I were there.

Kajikitsune said...

I can't believe that Al from Full Metal Alchemist was there. I never really watched that anime (japanese show) but when I saw you in that picture with that robot I knew who and what that was from. Strange.......

Sara said...

xDD I have to say this because I kinda had a good laugh at the irony. The tin man robot statue you took a picture with (5th picture down)is a character from an anime called Fullmetal Alchemist. Which is an anime (originaly a manga) about alchemy, alchemist, philospher stones..elect) LOL

Alyson Noel said...

Hey There Green Bean-- I love this story--thanks for sharing!! Isn't Cindy great??!!

Hey Natalie-- Thanks! It was really fun!

Hey Kajikitsune- You are waaay ahead of me!

Hey Sara-- No kidding??? Wow, there really is no such thing as coincidence!!

Sara Hantz said...

You're not standing next to something from Star Wars.... that's a Dalek from Dr Who!!!!!! A UK prog that's been around for 40 years or so (and still going strong).... and let me tell you I used to hide behind the sofa when the Daleks were about. They say: Exterminate.... Exterminate....

Alyson Noel said...

Aw, Sara-- I should've known you could put it in perspective! 40 years in the making--where the heck have I been?!

Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thank you for sharing.
I loved the pictures.
Looks like Comic-Con was a blast!
I am glad the fans had a chance to meet you, and vice versa.
Love from Canada
twitter.com/RKCharron
xoxo

MySharonAnne said...

I echo Sara. That is a Dalek silly. ;) You should check out the new Dr. Who. Great show.

Alyson Noel said...

Hey RK Charron-- Comic Con is def a visual experience!!

Hey Sharonluvscats-- If it's about the paranormal I'm on it--anything else, I haven't a clue! I'll have to check it out, thanks!

cindy said...

it was so fun to meet you, alyson! i do wish we had more time to chat--next time!! and i took my boots off right after your signing. haha! ah, the glamor! =DD i'm posting my pics today!!!

Alyson Noel said...

Cindy it was GREAT meeting you!! Your costume was amazing--you were ROCKIN' those boots!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you had fun!

One of these days we're going to run into each other at a con and I'll be like "oh my gosh, you know how I am right?" and you'll be like, "Umm...no." and then I'll tell you how I've come your blog for years and you recall my face and say, "Oh yeah, you're the long-winded one right."

Ahh, I can feel the awkward dripping from this conversation now. :D

Alyson Noel said...

J.T. -- I can only look forward to such a day . . .

:-D

Big fan!!! Like HUGE! said...

Hey Alyson! The pictures are great, it seemed like a lot fun! Hopefully one day I'll be able to go. I just finished reading Cruel Summer and I have to say-AMAZING!

One question, is there a sequel? Maybe? I would love to see what comes out of Colby's life back in Cali and her love life with Yannis!

V. S said...

The event looks like a blast, great pictures. : ) I just finished reading Cruel Summer, and I absolutely loved loved, did I mention loved it!!! I was wondering if there will ever be a sequel? I would love to know what turns out of Colby's new life back in Cali and her love life with Yannis.

Take Care

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Big Fan- Aw, thanks! I'm so glad you liked CRUEL SUMMER because it was really fun to write! As for a sequel, well, at the moment I'm way to busy working on THE IMMORTALS series, but maybe someday--who knows?!

Hey Let's All Live in a Book - (LOVE that name--sounds like a fabulous idea!)-Probably no sequel on CRUEL SUMMER any time soon (see above!) but so glad you enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

The immortals needs to be made into a movie cuz it's even better than the twilight series and that is the only other book that I have ever read by choice other than the immotals. If it does turn into a movie then I will jump around the house screaming my head off! Ok off to get the next book! can't wait!!!!

Alyson Noel said...

Caitlin- I will join you in the jumping around screaming my head off!! Fingers crossed!!