Saturday, July 18, 2009

Yesterday!


So yesterday's book signing was, in a word, phenomenal.

Truly.


I walked in at 6:00 PM on the dot (I usually strive to be 10 minutes early but got caught up in the usual Friday traffic snarl--I curse you 5 freeway!) and what I saw left me completely gobsmacked!!

There was a line!! 

A big, huge, line that wrapped around all the way to the Starbucks! 

And from what I heard, people started forming that line an hour before the event, and the line kept replenishing for well over an hour!!  The last time I had a line like that was at an ALA conference, though I should mention that the books I was signing were also being given away for free. Free books tend to attract a crowd. But that was not the case last night. Nope. You guys came out from all over the place, one woman even took the day off work so she could drive the three and a half hours from Ventura to Orange just to have her copies of EVERMORE & BLUE MOON signed!! To say I was touched is putting it mildly. The Frenetic Reader was there, along with Amaze of Books, and a couple more of their blogger friends, and I had such a blast signing books for an hour and a half straight and talking with all of you--I swear I have the best readers an author could ask for!

And, if that wasn't enough, I also got a nice mention in yesterday's San Francisco Chronicle (yup, yesterday was a great day!), you can see it HERE.

But maybe it's best summed up HERE.

Okay, back to work on UNTITLED IMMORTALS #4 (yup, still calling it that!)!

Have a great day everyone!

Alyson
xoxo

14 comments:

Kajikitsune said...

I wished that I lived in California, or at least in a major city. My city is to small to be mentioned in any book signing or basically anything intresting. Oh well. Can't wait for Shadowland in January of 2010.

TheBookBabe said...

Hey :)

I herd of your books...actually...i don't remember, but it was at the same time i herd of Blue Bloods....idk.

Well, i ordered both of the off of Amazon, and I read Evermore in a day..i just couldnt put it down!

I'm reading Blue Moon right now, probably going to finish it by tomorrow....;) My mom say's i don't understand the meaning "space out your reading"

But so far so good :)
But i don't like this Ramon kid.....

Later!
Hol

Unknown said...

Hi :)
That's terrific!
Thank you for sharing and for the great pictures.
Excellent books by an awesome author = truly appreciative fans.
Love from Canada
twitter.com/RKCharron
xoxo
PS - I just realized when I saw your name on the poster that your last name means Christmas. Cool!

Alyson Noel said...

Thanks so much you guys--the signing was an absolute blast!

cindy said...

congratulations, alyson! hope to see you next friday!! xo

Alyson Noel said...

Thanks Cindy--you too!

Unknown said...

It was awesome meeting you, Alyson!! I'm writing my reviews right now so... be on the lookout for them =D

Have a fantastic day!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. So, I was scanning through the racks of books looking for something new, and interesting to read, when I stumbled across the Immortals Series. I didn't even know it was a young adult literature book. I bought the first one today at 4:16 pm and it was so good I couldn't put it down. Now it's like 1:30 am and I'm done wishing there was a store open near by so I could go buy the second book.

Great Job! I was very impressed. A very well written book, and one in a (hopefully) long series to keep me from sleeping, ha ha!

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Anonymous--thank you so much--I am THRILLED you enjoyed it!

I hope you enjoy BLUE MOON, SHADOWLAND, and the rest of the books in the series too!

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Catt-- I enjoyed meeting you too!! Thanks so much for all that you do to promote YA reading!

Madison said...

Hey Alyson!
I have a question for you about your snail mail. I would really like if you would sign my evermore and blue moon books, but i'm afriad if i send them that you may not get to them or mistakingly skip over them. So my question is if i send them would you promise to send them back autographed? i love them soo much i don't want to lose them. Even though that may sound kinda cheesey. haha :) xo.

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Madison-

Of course I'll sign them! just send them along with a self-addressed, stamped, envelope to:

Alyson Noel
14 Monarch Bay Plaza, #186
Monarch Beach, CA 92629

And I will sign them and send them right back!

Looking forward to it!

Alyson

Madison said...

Thank you Alyson. :)
I've got everything ready to send it to you but i need to know if your going to pay to send it back or if i need to pay to send it both to you and back. xo.

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Madison-

Please include a self-addressed- STAMPED envelope--basically an envelope addressed to you with the return postage already on it.

This makes it a lot easier for me, and you'll get it back right away!

Thanks!

Alyson