Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy

So yesterday I attended a really great wedding--the kind where it's just so clear that these two people belong with each other--soul mates--if you believe in such things (I do!)--and that beautiful, celebratory, feeling was felt by everyone there.  Even when the lights went out for a bit, nobody cared. Everyone was just too busy having fun to worry about that. It was truly a lovely event--and you can just tell they're headed for an exciting new adventure!

Believe me, I've been to the other kind--the kind of wedding filled with great pageantry and pretense only to go up in flames before the first anniversary could even roll around.

Needless to say, I prefer the first kind.

I like a happy ending.

And speaking of happy, I'm happy to report that my laptop is on its way home from the Apple Hospital! It seems it has awoken from its coma feeling refreshed and ready to get back to work--just as I've adjusted to this back up computer I'm currently working on--but oh well, I'll just adjust again, right? (See--happy ending!)

And something else that's got me feeling extremely happy today is this review on BLUE MOON from The YA Book Blogger where she gives it a full roster of 5 stars, stating:

"BLUE MOON is a wonderfully written sequel full of love, hate, anger, and sadness all in one. One of the best books I've read this year."

Definitely a day maker!  To read the entire review click HERE.

And I'm sure it would make my publisher happy if I got back to work on UNTITLED IMMORTALS #4--and since I'm all about happy . . .

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Alyson
x0x0

12 comments:

Lilly dog said...

I just read both books and they are amazing!!! I love the characters and everything else about these books! When does Shadowland come out cause on some sites it says Feb. and some say Jan. Just wanted 2 know.

Alyson Noel said...

Thanks so much, Lilly dog- so glad you liked them!

To answer your question, SHADOWLAND is coming out on Jan 5. I know it says Feb on the back of the book, but it's been moved up!

Thanks for stopping by!

Alyson

kayla thompson said...

i love both the books, there fantastic!!! i love your writing!!! and i was wondering why you dont have a three chapter preveiw for shadowland like you did with bluemoon??
-so curious,
your fan

Mrs. Duncan said...

Glad your Mac is back! I'm a Macgirl myself...

Can't wait to meet you at Comic Con. Will you be selling Blue Moon so we can get them signed?
xoxo

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Kayla- Thanks so much! Actually, I will have a 3 chapter preview on my site, but not for a few months. SHADOWLAND is in the copy-edit stage now, and needs to go through a few more steps after that, though I promise I will get it up there eventually!

Hey Mrs. Duncan- Yup, I'm signing books there too--I think Mysterious Galaxy is selling them if I'm not mistaken?! Looking forward to meeting you!

Anonymous said...

ohhh i love love love evermore and blue moon! can't wait for shadowland! when is the cover comeing out?

Anonymous said...

What other boks Do you suggest?

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Anonymous--Well, the only downside of being an author is I don't have near as much time to read as I used to! But that said, if you like fantasy books: I really enjoyed Libba Bray's GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY trilogy, and while I haven't read it- THE HUNGER GAMES is supposed to be really good, and so is PC Cast's HOUSE OF NIGHT.

Hope that helps!

DeadFish said...

Hi Alyson Noel!!!
I just read Evermore last week, and read it thrice all over again. ITS AMAZING!!!

I had to wait before Blue Moon comes to my country. I live in Singapore, and I CANT WAIT!!

I want to tell you to keep it up!!! Your books are awesome XD

Alyson Noel said...

Hey DeadFish--Thank you for stopping by all the way from Singapore! I really hope you like BLUE MOON and the rest of the books in the series too.

In the meantime, be sure to stop by the new website at:

http://www.immortalsseries.com

every tim you click on a tulip you will hear an audio clip from a scene not contained in the book!

Anonymous said...

Hey Alyson! I just finished reading Evermore & Blue Moon and they are completely 100% AMAZING! I can't wait 'til Shadowland comes out!!

Alyson Noel said...

Thank you so much, Anonymous! I really, really hope you like SHADOWLAND too!