Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The (very dark) DARK FLAME Chicago Signing!

Wow. I just got back from what will surely be my most memorable signing ever!!

Partly, because I still can't believe how many awesome readers braved the tornado to get there--(thanks to each and everyone of you--with a special shout out to those of you who came in all the way from Michigan & Indiana!!) but also because the second I started, the electricity went out, and so we proceeded to talk & sign in the dark (which, was actually pretty appropriate considering the title is DARK FLAME and all)--and it ended up being so much fun, I'm afraid it set an impossibly high standard for all future signings!

And, just to illustrate how very dark it was, below is a picture of me & the awesome Borders crew taken just after the signing:


Tomorrow, I'm headed for Dallas (where there's bound to be electricity, but if not, I'm ready!), where I'll be signing at:

Thursday, June 24, 7:00 pm
Reading & Signing
Barnes & Noble
7700 West Northwest Hwy
Dallas, TX 75225

And I really hope to see you there!!

Have a good night everyone!

Alyson
xoxo

7 comments:

ylime1981 said...

So glad that you managed to have the signing anyway! Those storms are now here in Ohio and Michigan.

I just picked up my copy of Dark Flame this evening and am looking forward to get into it!

Heather Berrier said...

Yea it was utterly amazing!! We had a blast me and my best friend Tiffany!! we braved that storm coming from Indiana.. We came at the peak.. You have given me such a bigger and more meaningful perspective on these books.. I know they mean alot to you and it makes it sooo much more meaningful to me when you explained what made you get into writing these books.. cancer sux.. I's glad to hear you had a great time with us and hopefully well meet again!!
thanks for being wonderful!!
Heather

Anne said...

Yeah it was awesome and strangely appropriate like you said. Lol Now I plan to spend the next couple days reading Dark Flame! So excited! Travel safe Alyson!

Victoria said...

Glad you were able to stay safe. But for future reference you shouldn't be on anything electrical (like the ipad) during such a bad storm. Have a great time.

Jenna said...

awwww.... i wish i can go, it looks like you had a ton of fun :)

Lori said...

So glad everything went smoothly, considering the bad weather conditions. Amazing how you continued on with everything! Good luck with the rest of the tour! Hope nothing like that happens on any of the other tour stops :-)

Alyson Noel said...

ylime- Aw, thanks--hope you like it!

Heather- I can't thank you and Tiffany enough for coming out in the midst of all that! Thanks for making my signing so fun!

Anne- Thanks! :)

Victoria- So true, but I really wanted to finish that episode of Buffy!

Jenna- It was crazy but fun!

Lori- Thanks so much!