I've never been big on Thanksgiving.
There. I said it--and I feel so much better now that I've confessed.
And just to illustrate this point even further, a long, long, (okay veeeery long time ago) my mom spent an entire Thanksgiving waiting for this particular butterball to drop, but I held my ground and refused to be born until December 3. So as you see, I have a long and storied history with this particular date.
But just because I'm not a big fan of turkey and stuffing and pumpkin pie-- that's not to say I'm not about giving thanks-- cuz I am. And this year in particular I feel I've sooo much to be thankful for that I thought I'd make a list. So without further ado, here's my top ten list of things that I'm grateful for:
1. My amazing husband who not only serves as my best friend, legal advisor, personal gourmet chef, bad mood eraser, silver cloud chaser, comic relief, tireless proofreader, one man cheering section, tech support, (the list of things he does for me is endless!), but who just so happens to be, the smartest, nicest, most amazing person I've ever met!
2. The City of Hope. In particular, the amazing Dr. Foreman, who saved not just my husband's life, but my sister in law's too.
3. My readers- you guys are THE BEST! Seriously, awesome. And your letters and e-mails and posts to my bulletin board mean more to me than you could ever imagine.
4. My incredible agent, editor, and publisher-- I couldn't do it without them!
5. My family immediate, extended, the entire clan! Their love, support, and enthusiasm knows no bounds.
6. My mom in particular for showing me the moon at a very young age and encouraging me to shoot for it!
7. My friends, near and far-- you know who you are! You guys ROCK!
8. Snarky- who welcomed me into her "snark" clan, and my life's never been the same since! (and I mean that in a good way!)
9. Hope. And Change. And the belief in better days to come.
10. And lastly, I'm grateful to live in a place and time where anything is possible!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
PS- What are you thankful for??