Thursday, October 23, 2008

EVERMORE's First Review!!


EVERMORE just got it's first review, and it's a 5 STAR GOLD AWARD from TeensReadToo, stating:

" . . .Every once in awhile, a book comes along that I end up getting sucked into and become addicted. EVERMORE was one of those books. When I wasn’t reading, I was thinking about how I could sneak away to read some more. I couldn’t put it down. I dreamt about this book. When I finished, I couldn’t get it out of my head. This book was simply breathtaking.

Ever is a wonderfully realistic character that grows throughout the novel. The guilt she feels over her family’s accident and her grieving process are heart-wrenchingly real, as is her growing acceptance of her new psychic gifts. I also loved the scenes with Riley, Ever’s little sister. Who knew a ghost could be so funny and charming? I know she’s just waiting to have her own series written about her. And Damen…well, what can I say - I’m in love. If you’re looking for a new lit-boy crush, Damen is it.

Alyson Noel knows how to write for and about teens, and this is one of her best books yet. I can’t wait to find out more about the mysterious Damen and step into Ever’s world again.

Combining mystery and romance, EVERMORE is the beginning of the next must-read paranormal series. Be sure to get your hands on this one - you’ll be swept away." Sarah Bean, TeensReadToo

To read the entire review, click HERE!!

Also, thanks to everyone who showed up to my book signing last night! I had a great time meeting new people like the sisters from Canada and Gabby the future author, and talking with old friends like Jolynn & Patrick and the talented Debby Garfinkle! And while I forgot to take pictures (despite my camera being right there in my purse), I was thrilled to see so many people out buying books on a Thursday night!

After, we went back to my house for a little post-book-signing-celebration, where my husband put out an amazing spread of Greek delicacies in honor of CRUEL SUMMER (I am sooo lucky to have married a man who cooks!), and Jessica Brody and her partner in crime, Charlie, uncorked a bottle of German champagne to celebrate the EVERMORE and BLUE MOON German translation deal, and then there was more eating, and more champagne, and maybe some red wine . . .and, well, you can imagine how I'm feeling today. (If you are under 21 and reading this-- it is a cautionary tale! If you are over 21, then you probably already know what I mean!)

But with a good supply of aspirin and a steaming hot mug of green tea beside me, I'm off to tackle my BLUE MOON revision!

Have a good weekend everyone!
A

11 comments:

Sara Hantz said...

WOW!!!!!! What a fab review, I CAN'T WAIT to read it!!

Alyson Noel said...

Thanks Sara!

Jessica Brody said...

Last night was fun! The German champagne was...interesting. :)

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Jessica- We LOVED it! Danka!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

That is definitely an awesome review--congratulations!

Alyson Noel said...

Thanks Alyssa- I was pretty excited!

Keri Mikulski said...

Great review! Congrats! :) I'm glad you celebrated all the great news. :) Sounds like fun.

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Keri- Any excuse to pop a champagne cork!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Congrats on the wonderful review and may many more bottles of champagne be in your future!

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Pam- Thanks so much! I have another bottle of champagne stashed away for election night- but I can only drink it if things go my way ...

giavanna said...

i read it and it was amazing! i totally recommend this book! the second day of me reading it i read 250 pages and i just finished it today 6-22-09 and alyson i hope you write more just like this because i will totally buy it and read it