And, the truth is, I feel awful about it.
Because I really do enjoy communicating with you all. But, the deadlines pay the bills and cannot be ignored, so I thought I'd try to answer some of your most frequently asked questions, in blog form, starting here:
1. Is SHADOWLAND the last book in THE IMMORTALS series?
No. DARK FLAME follows SHADOWLAND and it will be out sometime in spring/summer 2010.
2. How many books will there be in the series?
There will be six books in total. I am working on Book #5 now!
3. Do you know the release date for DARK FLAME?
They release date has not yet been determined, but I will announce it as soon as it is!
4. When can we see the cover for DARK FLAME?
As soon as I get the okay!
5. When will you post the first 2 chapters of DARK FLAME?
Well, it's still being copy-edited, so it might be a while . . .
6. What will DARK FLAME be about?
It will pick up right where SHADOWLAND left off. That's all I can tell you for now!
7. Will DARK FLAME be in Damen's point of view?
No, all of the books will be in Ever's point of view.
8. Is it true that Riley is getting her own series?
Yes! The first book is called RADIANCE and it will be in stores on September 4, 2010!!! The cover is absolutely gorgeous--the art department really outdid themselves--and I can't wait 'til I can show it to you!
9. I just read FAKING 19, ART GEEKS & PROM QUEENS, LAGUNA COVE, FLY ME TO THE MOON, KISS & BLOG, SAVING ZOE, and/or CRUEL SUMMER and was wondering if you will ever write a sequel to these books?
Probably not. I'm so busy with THE IMMORTALS series and the RILEY books that I just can't fit it in. Also I feel pretty good about where those stories left off. Everyone is living Happily Ever After for sure!
10. Will you come to my town for a book signing?
Well, I will be touring this September for The Smart Girls Tour, and not all of the cities have been set yet, but you can learn more here:
11. Have you ever thought about making a movie of THE IMMORTALS?
All the time--it would be a dream come true! But in the end, it's really up to Hollywood, not me. Though a producer Spring Creek Productions, has optioned the dramatic rights so my fingers are crossed!
12. I think I would make a perfect Ever-Riley-Haven-Miles-insert character here- can I send you my photo/where do I audition?
If there is a movie version, I will have nothing to do with the casting. They hire professionals for that sort of thing!
13. Are Ever and Damen going to get married/have babies?
Well, at the moment my main concern is just getting them through high school!
14. When will SHADOWLAND be published in paperback?
Sometime in Fall 2010.
15. Can you use my name in one of your books?
All of the names for my next several books are already chosen.
16. I'm working on a book, will you read it when it's finished and tell me what you think?
I'm sorry but I can't. For legal reasons, I'm not allowed to read unpublished works. And for time reasons, I barely have enough for my own books!
17. I'm a young writer, do you have any advice for me?
I am in the process of a major, website overhaul where I will have a page dedicated to this, but until then, I've recently run across this site for young writers, run by the editors at Harper Collins:
18. When will BLUE MOON be published in my country?
Each country has it's own publisher, and it's own time line, so I'm afraid I don't know!
19. Do you have any random news to share with us?
Why yes--thanks for asking! I recently learned that BLUE MOON has been nominated for the "Children's Choice Book Awards Best Books of 2009"--!!! You can see the full list, and vote for your favorite HERE!
And SHADOWLAND has been nominated for RT magazine's "Reviewer's Choice Award" for Best Paranormal/Fantasy Young Adult Novel"-!!!
And EVERMORE has been on the German Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers list for 7 weeks! You can see it HERE.
Okay, back to work for me!!
Have a great day, everyone!