Sunday, August 17, 2008

Flesh Eating Fish!


Straight out of the "I'm Open Minded But I'm Not Sure About This" files, I just read this article on the NPR website about a salon in Alexandria, VA that's offering a $45.00 "fish pedicure."

The entire article can be found HERE. But for those of you with click aversion, suffice it to say that for $45.00 you can dip your paws into a bowl filled with flesh eating fish who will suck away all that nasty dry skin.

Apparently, the fish (known as Garru Rufa), originate from hot springs in Turkey where they've developed an appetite for--human flesh.

And according to the salon owners, the pedicures are all the rage, allowing for "beautiful and smooth" feet.

But despite the accolades and promise of callous free toes, I'm still not sure I'm willing to try it. I mean, other than the obvious ick factor that would be really hard to overcome, I happen to be extremely ticklish and I'm afraid this just might send me into spasms!

How about you? How far would you go for smooth soles???

7 comments:

Jessica Burkhart said...

I feel sorry for the fish, honestly! :) I saw this on Today and thought nooo way.

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Jessica- I know, waaaay to squicky for me!

Keri Mikulski said...

Me too.. And yuck. I don't think I could actually stick my feet in the water. :)

Erica Orloff said...

No thanks. Soft feet are nice, but . . . NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

E

Alyson Noel said...

Keri & Erica- I think I'll stick with the pumice thankyouverymuch!

Anonymous said...

Gives a whole new meaning to ick-thyology.

Alyson Noel said...

Amy- Ha! I LOVE it!