Thursday, February 28, 2008

Your Life in 6 Words


So I get these e-mails from NPR that lately I just skim (if I'm lucky) since I'm a little pressed for time. But the last one had this story about the six word memoir that caught my eye. Then, yesterday, I took a little trip over to one of my very favorite blogs and saw that this amazing lady was in on it too.

And as I'm still on a time crunch (polishing the manuscript of MY IMMORTAL- though please note, the title may change)- six words seemed like just the right amount. So here's mine:

Well traveled in mind, body, spirit.

And if you want to play too, here are the rules:

1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post .
4. Tag five more blogs with links.
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

Or, if you're like me and not all that big on rules, just leave me a comment with your 6 word memoir!

6 comments:

Susan Hatler said...

Memoir in six words? I'll have to think on that one. I'm still recovering from jet-lag and twenty minutes sleep on the red-eye.

Alyson Noel said...

Oh, do get back to me- I can't wait to read yours!

How was Hawaii???

BR said...

I saw this, too - via an article in the LA Times. Here's mine:

Just moved to Orange County. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You obviously have great taste in film! But Simon Birch, really? The book, though you may already know this, is based on John Irving's (he of Garp) A Prayer for Owen Meany. The film and book are miles apart. Not quite about the paranormal, but otherworldy anyway!

Alyson Noel said...

Hey br-
Welcome to Orange County!!
And yes, I like the book and the movie- go figure. Then again, I liked both versions of Breakfast at Tiffany's too-- (though I liked the book a little better!)
Thanks for stopping by--

Melissa Walker said...

Carolina Girl loving New York City.

Not very revealing though... I have to think more!

Alyson Noel said...

Hey Melissa-
I didn't know you were a Carolina girl?? You seem so big city!
Anyway, it's hard isn't it- to sum it all up in 6 words-- though I think yours is great!